THE HEART OF THE FINGERLAKES
VILLAGE SPECIFICATIONS FOR TRASH PICKUP - Trash Pick-Up Schedule is located on our calendar - CLICK HERE
EFFECTIVE JUNE 2020
1) – Contractor will pick up the garbage in the Village of Interlaken after 7:00 am and before 4:00 pm on Thursday of each week.
2) – Contractor will pick up all garbage placed in the supplied tote on the specified day, up to four (4) plastic bags or trash cans per tote. The contractor will also empty on a weekly basis the public garbage containers maintained by the Village. Furniture, construction debris, appliances, leaves, large branches, scrap iron, machinery, auto parts, and other similar items are excluded from pick up requirements.
3) – Contractor will provide contractor’s liability insurance, worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance and all other costs directly associated with labor for employees of the contractor.
4) – Contractor will furnish Certificates of Insurance upon signing of the contract.
5) – Contractor will furnish certified payrolls (weekly or biweekly).
6) – Contractor will furnish own equipment suitable for pick up of garbage. Equipment will be in compliance with the State Sanitary Code.
7) – Contractor and any persons hired by same are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of the Village of Interlaken for any purpose.
Info on RECYCLING
1) – RECYCLING in the Village of Interlaken is picked up after 7:00 am and before 4:00 pm on Friday every other week.
Casella - is is our trash hauler Effective June 2020.
The following information is from their website which can also be accessed from here by clicking their logo
VILLAGE OF INTERLAKEN - RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION PAGE
STARTS JUNE 2020 - First pickup will be the first THURSDAY in June
and weekly thereafter.
** Residents need to have their trash out by 7 am in the morning or after 6pm the night before
** Each household/commercial addition has been supplied a tote. ( Anything else will not be picked up without prior notice and payment)
** Village regulates that NO - furniture, appliances, ashes, leaves, grass, large branches, scrap iron, machinery, construction debris or anything like it shall be included in the pickup requirement.
TO CONTACT CASELLA use the link below:
Electrical items are NOT allowed in the trash - There is a ban on them and can come with hefty fines! You can dispose of these at the Village Barns Tuesdays and Thursday.