VILLAGE SPECIFICATIONS FOR TRASH PICKUP - Trash Pick-Up Schedule is located on our calendar - CLICK HERE
EFFECTIVE JUNE 2016
1) – Contractor will pick up the garbage in the Village of Interlaken after 8:00 am and before 4:00 pm on Tuesday of each week.
2) – Contractor will pick up all garbage placed at the curb on the specified day, up to four (4) plastic bags or trash cans per family or commercial establishing addition, the contractor will empty on a weekly basis the public garbage containers maintained by the Village. Furniture, construction debris, appliances, leaves, large branches, scrap iron, machinery, auto parts, and other similar items are excluded from pick up requirements.
3) – Contractor will provide contractor’s liability insurance, worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance and all other costs directly associated with labor for employees of the contractor.
4) – Contractor will furnish Certificates of Insurance upon signing of the contract.
5) – Contractor will furnish certified payrolls (weekly or biweekly).
6) – Contractor will furnish own equipment suitable for pick up of garbage. Equipment will be in compliance with the State Sanitary Code.
7) – Contractor and any persons hired by same are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of the Village of Interlaken for any purpose.
Info on RECYCLING
1) – RECYCLING in the Village of Interlaken is picked up after 8:00 am and before 4:00 pm on Friday every other week.
THE HEART OF THE FINGERLAKES
Alternative Waste Services has been awarded the Trash Pick-up Contract Effective June 2016.
The following information is from their website which can also be accessed from here by clicking their logo
VILLAGE OF INTERLAKEN - RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION PAGE
STARTS JUNE 2016 - First pickup will be TUESDAY June 7th, 2016
** Residents need to have there trash out by 8 am every morning
** Each household/commercial addition is allowed 4 bags or 4 (35 gallon) Cans per week. ( Anything else will not be taken without prior notice and payment)
** Village regulates that NO - furniture, appliances, ashes, leaves, grass, large branches, scrap iron, machinery, construction debris or anything like it shall be included in the pickup requirement.
AWS PROVIDES ADDITIONAL SERVICE FOR RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS :
*** Have a broken chair, the couch you are replacing or a bulky item you just don't know what to do with ? Call the office and we will pick it up for a small additional fee! Have just any extra bags or cans that can't fit in your allowed amount for the week ? Just call us up and we will let you know the extra cost and also let the driver know that its ok to take!!!
Mon -Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Phone Number (607) 564-7717
Fax Number (607) 564-7747
Electrical items are NOT allowed in the trash - There is a ban on them and can come with hefty fines! You can dispose of these at the Village Barns Tuesdays and Thursday.